PowerPack 10K Ultra Model QB816 - UPS Backup Battery (50W Peak, 22.5W Avg. Output) with USB 3.2 Gen 1 Data and DP Alt Mode via USB-C, 4K HDMI, and Nintendo Switch Docking Station
It Packs a Punch!
For a backup battery sized at 36Wh (10,000mAh at 3.6v), the Ultra sports unusually high power in terms of the DC voltages, peak power, and average power of its output. Besides 5v and 9v, the Ultra supports the 15v and 20v voltage profiles of USB PD 3.0.
A Versatile High-Speed Data & Display Dock
The Ultra is essentially a minimalist's desktop dock. If your laptop has a Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C port with DisplayPort™ (DP) Alt Mode support, the Ultra can help connect your laptop to a TV or second monitor via HDMI. Moreover, the Ultra also offers a USB-A port with USB 3.2 Gen 1 support (up to 5Gbps). This would come in handy if you need a high-speed connection with an external hard drive or digital camera.
Taking a Switch Break Right at the Desk!
This may not be a widely known feature of the Switch—You actually can cast the Switch's video output to your computer monitor, so that you can have the fullest gaming experience without leaving your work desk. Simply hook up your Switch console with the Ultra, press the Ultra's battery check button three times, and you'll instantaneously convert your work desk into a gaming center without needing the Switch's native dock. That's some low-key, spontaneous fun for a work break.
What's more, the Ultra + a good-quality 18W AC adapter functionally replaces the OEM dock + the 40W clunky OEM power brick. According to studies done by Anand Tech and SwitchChargers.com, the Switch does not draw more than 18W on average. The Ultra acts as a voltage booster and buffer against power draw spurts, which are necessary to make an 18W wall plug work in the docked mode. Our docking option (shown in Figure 1 below. 18W AC adapter sold separately) can reduce your backpack weight by 6.5 oz. or 37% compared to the OEM dock and power brick (shown in Figure 2 below).
Figure 2. OEM dock and charger weighs 493 g or 17.4 oz.
Uninterruptible Power Supply
When used as an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), the Ultra can play the role of both an energy storage device and voltage booster. An exemplary use case is to place the Ultra between a power adapter and a Nest Cam IQ Outdoor. This particular IQ cam requires a 15v USB PD power supply.
- Built-in USB-C (DP) to HDMI adapter for Nintendo Switch. HDMI output to TV (triple-press the button to start, single-press to exit).
- Built-in USB-C (DP) to HDMI adapter to connect a laptop to a second monitor (double-press the button to start; single-press to exit).
- Can power the Nintendo Switch in handheld and docked modes
Cell Type: Lithium-ion
Cell Capacity: 10,000 mAh 3.6V 36Wh
Nominal Capacity: 5,800mAh (5V𝌂4A)
Maximum Charging Voltage: 12.6V DC
Power Input Ports: USB-C 1, USB-C 2
- USB-C 1 or USB-C 2 Input: USB PD
5V𝌂3A 9V𝌂2.5A 12V𝌂1.8A 15V𝌂1.5A 20V𝌂1.1A 22.5W Max
Power Output Ports: USB-C 1, USB-C 2, USB-A
- USB-C 1 Output (used alone)
Charging protocols supported: USB PD 3.0
5V𝌂3A 9V𝌂3A 12V𝌂2.25A 15V𝌂2A 20V𝌂1.5A 30W Max
USB-C 2 Output (used alone)
Charging protocols supported: USB PD 3.0 PPS
5V𝌂3A 9V𝌂3A 10V𝌂5A 12V𝌂3A 15V𝌂3A 20V𝌂2A 50W Max
PPS: 10V𝌂5A 50W Max
USB-A Output (used alone)
5V𝌂2.4A 9V𝌂2A 12V𝌂1.5A 18W Max
- USB-C 1,2 & USB-A Output (multiple devices)
5V𝌂4A 9V𝌂4A 12V𝌂3A Total
Data and Display Ports: USB-C 2, USB-A, HDMI
- USB-C 2 (upstream)
USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5Gbps), DP Alt Mode 1.2
USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5Gbps)
HDMI 1.4, HDCP 1.4, HDCP 2.2, 1× 4K/30Hz or 1× 1080P/60Hz
- About 3 hours with a 22.5W or higher USB-C power adapter
- About 3.5 hours with an 18W USB-C power adapter
Operating Temperature: 41° F to 95° F (5° C to 35° C)
Dimensions: 4.6 × 2.7 × 0.93 in (117.2 × 68.5 × 23.6 mm)
Weight: 8.57 oz (243 g)
In the Box
- 1× Power Bank
- 1× USB 3.2 Gen 1 USB-C to USB-C cable (12 inches tip-to-tip)
- User Guide
- Nintendo Switch
- iPhone, iPad, light-use laptops with USB-C charging capability (please check with us about compatibility)
- MacBook Air 13" 2020 (A2179), 2018 (A1932)
- MacBook Pro 15" 2016 or newer
- MacBook Pro 13" 2016 or newer
- MacBook Pro 16" 2020 (A2141)
- MacBook 2015 or newer
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, Note10+ 5G, Note10, S10, S9+, S9, S8+, S8
- Acer Swift 7 2019
- Surface Pro 7
- Google Pixelbook, PixelBook Go
- Dell XPS 13" (9365, 9370), Lattitude 5480
- 18-month warranty
- US-based technical support
- User Guide
- "Playing With Power: A Look At Nintendo Switch Power Consumption" by Ryan Smith Anand Tech